Noah Yantis –
Everyone has a list of pet peeves. Whether it deals with family, friends, enemies, food; there are always some out there. Below I have compiled a list of my own pet peeves. Just like Peter Griffin said in Family Guy,
Ya know what really grinds my gears?
- People who list things.
- People who wear rosaries as a fashion statement.
- People who say “LOL” as if it is a real word.
- When someone reads my message and doesn’t reply.
- Snapchats of a black screen that say “Hey.”
- People who constantly sniff their nose but never use a tissue.
- People who have one drink and act like they’re drunk.
- When McDonald’s messes your order up and you have to go back.
- “Hombre” hair that is just two solid colors.
- When people say “Turn Down for What” randomly.
- Morning people.
- People in general.
- Deer lawn ornaments that look real.
- Deer that don’t move out of the way when I’m driving.
- People who call me “dear.”
- People who call me a ‘Typical White Girl’ when I have Starbucks in my hand.
- When People Capitalize The First Letter Of Each Word In A Social Media Post.
- When people click their pens but don’t use them.
- When people complain about politics but don’t vote.
- Girls who have off campus boyfriends and don’t act like it.
- Guys who have off campus girlfriends and don’t act like it.
- Getting homework that wasn’t in the syllabus.
- People who play Christmas music before Thanksgiving.
- Two-faced judgemental hypocrites
And above all:
- People who skip class then complain about having a bad grade.
And that, my readers, is what really grinds my gears.
Noah Yantis, from Arthur, Illinois, is a freshman majoring in History and Political Science with a minor in Communication and Rhetorical Studies. Noah participates on the golf team, is a Class of 2018 Student Senator and Chairman of the Public Relations Committee, and is a features and sports writer for The Rambler.